Friday, April 30, 2010

Reality sets in

As we get closer to the end of what has felt like an endless journey, reality is finally setting in. Up to this point, a majority of our preparations and planning around the house have reamined surreal. It wasn't until recently that a few moments have really hit home. The reality, in just a few short weeks we will be bringing home the newest addition to our family.

1. We now have diapers (thanks to my first baby shower). I am not sure why but apparently a crib, stoller, changing table, etc. doesn't mean anything until the room has all the necesary day-to-day supplies. Being the planners that we are we have had the nursery ready (as you know) for quite some time, but I never felt ready until I got to unpack those very tiny and adorable newborn diapers.

2. Maternity ward tour. Nick and I took a tour of the Saint Luke's maternity ward where I will deliver. After the tour we had to finalized our admin paperwork, so delivery day runs smooth (with any luck). While we were answering questions (about my medical history) we came to one form that required a parental signature for "Baby Johnson". Signing on behalf of our daughter was quite the moment to remember.

3. Infant carrier. Nick took some time yesterday to install the infant carrier in my car. While it was strange at the time, it was "worse" this morning when I turned around to put some things in the back seat and saw the base. I literally stopped in my tracks for a moment to take it all in.

We are over the top excited for the arrival of our new addition and cannot wait to introduce her to each of you. It is these events that make the last 33 weeks worth it. As we embark on the last 7 weeks, I am sure these moments will become more common and I am looking forward to each one of them.



Check out this picture...I know it has been a while, but this one is worth it. My belly finally out grew the rest of me!

2 comments:

  1. When you turn around and see the base in the car, it is definitely a big moment. I am so excited to see pictures of your baby girl and to learn her name. I hope, one day, we can meet up and our baby girls can meet each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Looking forward to the shower!!!

    ReplyDelete