Welcome friends and family! We hope this blog allows you the opportunity to stay up-to-date on the many changes that will be taking place in the upcoming months and years.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Pregnancy Reminder
This weekend my body once again reminded me that I am pregnant! Throughout this whole process I have been amazed at all the changes the body goes through in preparation for a child. Needless to say your body prepares you to slow down. Not only are my energy levels starting to decline again; my body just can't handle a days worth of "manual" labor. Last weekend, Nick and I headed out for a nice little Saturday. We started our morning with a walk in the park; Panera for breakfast; a trip to Target for a few things; then a trip to Dick's Sporting Goods; as we were leaving we walked by Petco so see the animals up for adoption. We found a couple of cute ones, but left empty handed. We figured we should adapt to a child before we add another dog. Somewhere along the way, we got side tracked and decided that we needed to rework some of the landscaping out front. So...off to Lowe's to buy plants, compost and mulch. After a long "morning" of shopping we were home to begin our landscaping. A few hours later - we were done and my body hurt. My feet were sore, swollen and the rest of me felt like I had been hit by a truck. Later that night as I was laying in bed trying to relax; I lifted my head to roll over and shooting pain down my right leg! Ah the joy of sciatica. I took it easy on Sunday and tried to recover. Guess I better start listening to my body and slow down a little more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that would be a wonderful idea :) Yikes on the sciatica ... I feel your pain; hopefully you've recovered from that bout a little??
ReplyDelete