Sunday, May 9, 2010

Another good check-up

We had a really good check-up at the doctor on Friday. In just four weeks, she has almost doubled in size. Four weeks ago she was only an estimated 2 lbs 13 oz and in the 14th percentile of where they would like her to be. This week she came in at 4 lbs 13 ozs and the 33rd percentile. We heard from the doctor she is very happy with the progress. I can tell you, as I am sure Nick can also confirm that I have been very busy growing over the last four weeks. There were many mornings when I would wake up with a "sore belly" and I just knew she must be having a growth spurt.

We also had another sonogram this week and got to see more pictures of our little girl. While she was still a little camera shy (hiding by my right hip) the tech was able to get a decent profile picture.


In addition to getting to see her "petite nose" her dad was also very excited to hear that the images of hair from four weeks ago were confirmed and boy does she appear to have a lot of it! Nick was so excited about the hair that the tech decided to snap an image to send home with us. (The horizontal lines on the right side of the image is all hair!)


Not to my surprise, the tech also pointed out that she has decided to make herself comfortable in my right upper abdomen just beneath the surface. I could have told you all that! She does appear to like that spot which gets a little more uncomfortable each day as she grows bigger. Every now and then she really tries to stretch out and I get this elbow shooting out on the right side of my body. The tech also thought she would capture a picture of her foot just as she was about to "strike".


As you can see our appointments are getting quite fun and from now on a lot closer together. This was my last monthly appointment, I now get to start my 2 week check-ups. Let's hope her process continues!

1 comment: