Sunday, April 11, 2010

10 Weeks Left!

As we approach the single digit weeks, part of Nick and I are left wondering where the time has gone? The other part of us wishes it would go by faster as we wait in anticipation to meet our little girl!

We had another doctor appointment and sonogram this week. It was quite fun to see how much she has grown. To date (about 28 wks) she is still measuring a little small for her "age" but she is healthy. They estimate her current weight at 2lbs 13oz, so she is on track to be roughly 6lbs 5oz at birth. During the appointment the sonogram tech pointed out the things they look for: 4 chamber heart...check, 3 vessel cord...check, full bladder...check, kidneys...check, diaphragm...check, 2 arms/2 legs with fingers and toes...check, hair (yes I said hair, believe it or not we got to see some hair on the back of her head)...check.

We also got quite a show. We were able to see her looking around (lens movement). She was doing lots of swallowing and tongue movements, and we got to see her take a breath. According to the tech, "breathing is like gold" because they don't have to do it. Leave it to our child to do something she doesn't have to!

Unfortunately what we didn't get were good pictures. She is no longer breech, but she had her head buried deep into my pelvis! While we did get a couple of pictures, her facial features appear a little smashed. After the first sonogram Nick thought she was going to look just like me (judging by her profile) but after this week's view he now thinks she might have his nose, but definitely my chin! Boy, won't it be fun to see if he is right. We could spend all day (and night) talking about who's features and personality traits we hope she gets.

I need to get Nick to take another belly pic - so check back and I will try to get it posted later this week.

As for myself, things are still going good. There have been several days lately when I wake up and feel like I have grown overnight (or just finished 1,000 crunches). My belly button is pretty shallow at this time and I keep asking "if my belly button pops does that mean she is done/ready?" I am still working out on a regular basis which has been good for my mental health, especially since the numbers on the scale are starting to really creep up there! I think it helps me sleep better.

Sleeping has been a challenge for almost the entire pregnancy. The theme of the third trimester is to fall asleep and then wake up 2-3 hours later! I/we cannot figure out why I am waking up. I am wondering if her movements are doing the trick?? Waking up isn't bad, but once awake I have problems getting back to sleep. My goal right now is to do a lot during the day so I am soo tired and I don't wake up. I am not sure if it works all the time, but it seems to work every few days which is nice.

We are scheduled to go back to the doctor on May 7 (our last 4 week appt) and we will get another sonogram at that time. Hopefully she isn't so shy and we get some good pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment