This Saturday Nick and I attended our child birth prep class at the hospital we will be delivering at. We opted for the one-day, all day class vs. the multiple week class. It was a long day but we both walked out even more excited for her to be here - although I think I wish babies really were delivered by storks. Our next task is scheduling our maternity ward tour, attend the breastfeeding class and a newborn care class. Who knew having a child would require going back to school full time.
I had a check-up on Friday...things are still going good. It was glucose test day, so the baby's heart rate this week was 160bpm (about 10bpm faster than the last check-up) but after drinking 10 oz. of sugar water we were both pretty "on edge". Results come back from the lab Monday. We also scheduled our next ultrasound - April 9th! Nick and I are both anxious to see how much she has grown and developed.
Still no crazy cravings or anything, although I am sure I have consumed more fruit in the last 6 months than normal. Why is it that the one time I should be able to eat whatever I want without feeling guilty my body decides it wants fruit! That's not to say that everything doesn't look good. Watching TV has become a hazard. Everything looks good, even things I don't normally like. Example: Red Lobster commercials. Typically I don't eat or like fish much but now for whatever reason it looks good. Very strange.
Nick has been busy lately - as I mentioned he was assigned the task of making wall decor for the nursery. Of course I helped a little - but the man loves his power tools. He cut out some hippos and a giraffe for the wall. He has also ensured we get some pink in the room. For all of you worried there would be no pink - have no fear, Nick is on it. He first found a wall hanging for over her crib and last weekend we ran across the large stuffed pink hippo that he "had" to have. It is one of the few times that he bought an item without looking at the price first - at least not something that comes in a camo pattern!
Back to the baby - she is very active. Nick has had several opportunities to feel her kicks and movements. She is getting bigger and her kicks are getting stronger. The other night, while Nick was napping on the couch, she was kicking so hard you could SEE my belly move! Might make more for an entertaining and distracting final trimester.
You are so stinkin' cute ... and I LOVE the hippos!
ReplyDelete