Well little did I know my final pre-baby blog post would only be one day before the arrival of Avery Leigh. We had a very eventful Sunday to say the least. I woke up Sunday around 3am with low back pain, got up went to the bathroom and crawled back into bed. Around 5am I decided that I couldn't just lay there anymore and thought some walking would help with the pain. That was when the contractions started and we decided around 6am that we should probably start keeping track of them. They were consistently 3 minutes apart, so we decided we should probably call the doctor around 7am and just let them know. After the call back from the on call doctor it was off to the hospital! I was only dilated to 2, so they decided to keep us for observation. It was a slow process getting from 2 to 4 when they decided to actually admit us. The doctor came it to check me at 4 and decided to break my water which really got things moving. From there I went from 5 to 8 in about an hour. The doctor was in the middle of a c-section so they let me labor down until she was done and then we started to push. It was not what I expected for the labor and delivery process but successful none the less.
At 4:56pm we got to meet Avery Leigh Johnson. She was 6lbs 8ozs, 19.5 inches long and of course the most precious thing both Nick and I have ever seen!
We survived the first night with some sleep. Avery did very well and we had to wake her up a couple of times to feed. Everyone is feeling good today and looking forward to heading home tomorrow!

She's beautiful, congratulations! I can't wait to meet her in person!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited to see the pictures! Congratulations, Erin & Nick!
ReplyDelete