Monday, January 11, 2010

It's a GIRL!!!

Big day today! Another successful doctor appointment and our first sonogram! Everything is progressing nicely, we found out that we are having ONE little GIRL...for those of you who thought we might hop on the twin wagon! It was a pretty exciting experience and made the entire situation very real or "sobering" as Nick has said. Nick had lots of questions and got an anatomy refresher course as the tech pointed out 2 arms with fingers and 2 legs. The heartbeat was good at 160 bpm (normal range is 120-160). She had some long legs and apparently likes to kick, lucky for me I am not feeling them yet. According to her we are only 17 weeks, not the 19 weeks we originally thought. She's not even here yet and already she thinks she gets to call the shots. So, my "new" due date is June 20th. I was pretty quiet the entire time, just taking it all in...and making Nick uncomfortable since he hates silence!

We wanted to get this posted today, so check back later this week or this weekend for a new "belly" picture...yes I am now looking more pregnant and less like I am packing on some winter weight! We also got a DVD of our sonogram so I will have to play with that a little but I should be able to get at least a sonogram picture posted.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!! How exciting!!! That must have been quite an experience. I am so thrilled for you. Again, love the blog :)

    ReplyDelete