Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fall is upon us...

Fall is finally here and the Johnson household is excited (for different reasons) Hunting season is here! Nick is actually in a tree as we speak and I love the cooler weather, fall colors and craft shows. As always we have been very busy with a big part of that being our non-stop bundle of joy. I know we say this every post but she really is getting so BIG so FAST. I noticed another month has gone by since the last post so I thought I would take some time (while the little monster is sleeping) to get you all caught up. So here goes (post 1 of 3)....

Avery now has 12 teeth, yes I said 12! All eight front teeth graced us with their presence a while ago and the latest 4 molars all popped through in the last couple of weeks. It was touch and go for a while, I thought with all the drool we were regressing! In all reality though she did really well. I hear the "I" teeth are the worst so we are hoping they hold off for another 6 months.

Her biggest fascinations lately seem to be shoes, forts and climbing. If she sees a shoe she will let you know, usually picking up the ones I have left around the house. She also tries, successfully, to wear any shoes she can find. She is also all about hiding in forts. They don't have to be fancy just made with love. I was traveling this last week to CO for work and got this picture. Dad had made her a fort under the kitchen table. According to him, this was build number 1. The next model came with a blanket on the floor so she didn't have to sit on cold tile. He loves his little girl! Then comes the climbing. Uh need I say more. She is getting very strong and pulling herself up onto anything she can. This morning she climbed onto the kitchen chair and then the table - man is she fast! We are both awaiting the morning we wake up to a thump as she figures out how to climb out of her crib.



She is also really learning to communicate and building up her list of words. At last count she was up to 24! For those interestedhey include (in no particular order): football, ball, shoe, mommy, daddy, puppy, hi, bye-bye, no, nigh nigh, thanks, sorry, deer, eat, nose, cheese, sit, go, yes, whoa, uh oh, two, tickle tickle tickle and meow.

With the nicer weather we have also been going to the park more. We found this new park that is vacant most of the time so she has the run of the place. She just jumped right in without fear and climbs all over the place at this points we wouldn't expect anything less.





We really do feel blessed to have her in our lives and in a month when we should give thanks, we just can't give enough.

1 comment:

  1. Her little blond curls are PRECIOUS! And I love that one of her first few words was "deer" :)

    ReplyDelete