Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2 Month Check-up

Avery and I were at the doctor this week for her 2 month check-up (actually 9 weeks). As of Tuesday, she now weighs 9lbs and 12 oz, 22 1/4 inches long with a small head. The doctor was happy to see her progress but offered us a couple of suggestions. First, we need to increase the amount of breast milk that she gets in her bottles. She has been sleeping through the night and missing an entire feeding, so we need to make up for that feeding during the day.

Other than that, he said she is tracking developmentally in the 4 month old range. She is able to hold herself in a propped position when placed on her stomach, will roll from stomach to backt and puts weight on both feed when she is held up. She even gave the doc a special treat when she took a step as he was holding her up.

She also got her first shots, which she didn't like. I wish I had good news to report there,but she has been having some rough days since then. I got a call from daycare because she had been crying most of the day and Linda wasn't having much success in calming her down. I had her at home with me today and she woke herself up crying a few times. I told Nick I think she is having shot nightmares! I hope it gets better soon.

1 comment:

  1. Poor baby :( I'm glad she is doing so well otherwise, though!

    ReplyDelete